Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo Removal In New York City
Are you getting tired of a tattoo on your body? It doesn’t have to be permanent! Radiant Skin Dermatology and Laser offers laser tattoo removal so you can get back to your old body. Advances in laser tattoo removal technology have made it a safe way to eliminate your tattoo with minimal side effects.
You may desire laser tattoo removal for the following reasons:
- Professional image
- No longer desired
- Unsatisfied with tattoo results
How it works:
Our highly skilled Board Certified Dermatologist works to provide you with the best results possible. We use lasers to break up the tattoo’s pigment into small pieces, which are able to be absorbed by your body’s immune system without damaging the surrounding skin. While black is the easiest color to remove, we are able to remove other colors, as well. Tattoos may require multiple treatments to achieve desired results.
How to prepare before procedure:
- Your Board Certified Dermatologist may recommend a non-aspirin product, like Tylenol, to be used for minor aches and pains prior to the procedure. (WARNING: Using aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents such as Ibuprofen can produce pronounced bruising after treatment.)
How many sessions are needed to remove the tattoo?
- More than one treatment is usually needed to remove an entire tattoo.
- The required amount of sessions depends on the type of ink and the amount used also how deeply it was injected into the skin.
What to expect after treatment:
- After the procedure, your Board Certified Dermatologist will apply an antibacterial ointment to the treated area, which should be kept clean with continued application of ointment.
- It is OK to take a shower or bath the day after treatment, but DO NOT scrub the treated area.
- For a couple of days, your skin may slightly feel sunburned and may remain red for a few weeks.
- The treated area may form a scab, which should be handled gently.
- After healing, the treated area will gradually fade.
The side effects of laser procedures are generally few but may include:
- Abundance of color in the skin (hyperpigmentation)
- Treated area may lack normal skin color (hypopigmentation)
- Infection of the area
- Lack of complete pigment removal
- 5% chance of permanent scarring
Contact us today at (212) 229-0007 for a consultation to find out what we can do for your tattoo.